PS Principal Network Consultant
Posted on: June 25, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing... The PS Principal Network
Consultant will be responsible for the design, implementation, and
handoff of complex network solutions spanning multiple technologies
for a wide range of customers, from small to large enterprise,
while providing senior technical leadership within the immediate
team and the PS organization as a whole.
- Developing trusted technical advisor relationships with key
- Consistently demonstrate the value of Verizon Network PS by
delivering highly professional and successful engagements.
- IncreasinggNetwork PS revenue by identifying areas of
improvement for the Network PS team, encouraging follow on
engagements with customers, maintaining a high level of quality and
professionalism within assigned tasks, and increasing
organizational exposure through direct engagement with pre and post
sales organizations in multiple capacities.
- Assisting with the identification and scoping of Network PS
- Providingsenior expert leadership both within the Network PS
team as well as within assigned engagements.
- Evolvingand support the growth of the network PS practice
through offering development, engagement with partner vendors to
identify and vet new technologies and proposed solutions, and
assisting with the vetting of potential team members.
- Sustaing a leadership role within team through mentorship,
sharing experience and knowledge through technical sessions, and
leading by example, both through professional interactions and the
continued pursuit of expert level knowledge within multiple
- Accepting individual ownership of critical issues, creatively
thinking through to develop resolutions.
- Requiringminimal direction and supervision in the execution of
assigned responsibilities.Where you'll be working:In this hybrid
role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from
home and assigned office days set by your manager.What we're
looking for... You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Certifications within the network engineering field such as
CCIE (full), JNCIE (full), or equivalent.
- Four or more years of technical experience.
- Experience in correlating business drivers and needs (financial
drivers, impacts, and restrictions) into proposed technical
- Demonstrated experience in solution design - leading a
design-related discussion with leading questions to fully vet
solution requirements and develop a proposed design fulfilling said
- Experience with SDWAN technologies design and deployment with
one or more: Versa, Viptela, SilverPeak.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25 % of the time.Even
better if you have one or more of the following:
- Certifications and/or significant experience in other technical
areas such as MCSE, CEH, security, UC, etc.
- Ability to form a trusted advisor relationship with a
- Ability tolisten and guide a technical discussions.
- Ability to clearly articulate complex topics.
- Ability to lead a design-related discussion with leading
questions to fully vet a customer's requirements and develop a
proposed design fulfilling said requirements.
- Experience with identifying potential impacts of a given design
- Knowledge oftechnologies and their network requirements/impact,
ability to produce comprehensive yet understandable technical
documentation (design document, diagrams).
- Knowledge of other technologies and their network
- Proven track record within claimed specialty(routing protocols
(BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP)).
- Experience in L2 networks (RSTP, STP, 802.1x), MPLS, Cellular
WAN, QoS, advanced configurations.
- Abilityto increaseresponsibility (team lead, mentoring, and
technical lead for large, multi-technology deployments).
- Experience with cloud-based services (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, SASE,
- Experience with platforms such as: PaloAlto, Fortinet, ASA,
Checkpoint, Juniper, Cradelpoint.
- Experience leading a project team of three or more providing
network related service to the
customer.#VZProfessionalServicesEqual Employment Opportunity We're
proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.COVID-19
Vaccination RequirementVerizon requires new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable
accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for
medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).
Keywords: Verizon, Alpharetta , PS Principal Network Consultant, Professions , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!