Senior Facility Manager
Company: Cantor Fitzgerald
Posted on: September 22, 2022
About Newmark (Nasdaq: NMRK)
Newmark Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries ("Newmark"), is
a world leader in commercial real estate services, with a
comprehensive suite of investor/owner and occupier services and
products. Our integrated platform seamlessly powers every phase of
owning or occupying a property. Our services are tailored to every
type of client, from owners to occupiers, investors to founders,
growing startups to leading companies. Harnessing the power of
data, technology, and industry expertise, we bring ingenuity to
every exchange, and imagination to every space. In 2019, Newmark
generated revenues in excess of $2.2 billion. To learn more, visit
nmrk.com or follow @newmark.
Responsible for the senior leadership and management of a region
(group of properties), including direct management of a team of
employees and personally responsible for individually managing some
sites. Responsibilities include: direction and guidance of all
facilities management activities and maintenance operation, budget
preparation and financial reporting, operational reporting,
promoting and supporting a strong safety culture, knowledge and
participation of environmental and sustainability programs, part to
ensure the account team meets or exceeds all applicable
deliverables necessary to maximize the value of a corporate
client's investment of their properties. In addition, ensuring to
manage all facility activities to optimize the utilization of all
resources. Participate in formulation and execution of client's
corporate real estate objectives, policies and plans as they
pertain to the facility or portfolio operations.
- Direct, communicate, and oversee maintenance programs relating
to the condition and appearance of the interior & exterior of all
facilities, consistent with the client's objectives. Communicate
with staff to obtain input and recommendations to ensure the
continuous improvement of operational and safety standards.
- Supervise staff to ensure effective implementation of services
in accordance with contractual, performance and quality
expectations of the Company and the client.
- Prepare and conduct the performance reviews and make salary
recommendations for all direct reports. Review and approve staff
performance reports, not limited too effectively communicating and
discussing issues, including challenging topics to ensure proper
- Review the facilities' performance on a continuing basis and
establish proper measures of performance in accordance with
established KPI metrics and in compliance with the terms of the
Management Agreement. Provide comprehensive monthly operating
reports, detailing current assessment of facility management
performance - portfolio performance, budget variances and
continuing operating initiatives.
- Provide direction and consultation to building operations staff
on HVAC, plumbing, electrical, fire life safety systems.
- Assist the client in the preparation of long-term strategies by
continually seeking creative methods to increase the facilities'
operating efficiencies, decrease operating costs, drive cost
savings and cost avoidance opportunities and provide an enhanced
real estate environment for corporate client.
- Formulate and implement fiscal operating and capital budgets
for the facilities, including reforested budgets throughout the
year. Work with Newmark Client Accounting to monitor proper
accounting procedures and approve portfolio operating expense
- Oversee the selection of contract services, development of
RFP's vendor negotiation of service agreements and monitor vendor
performance to assure full compliance with standards established
within the service agreement.
- Maintain current tracking of all active service contracts and
certificates of insurance.
- Provide strong background in Environmental Health & Safety,
responsible for the provision of information, training, and support
to ensure compliance with current and new regulations and
- Obtain, analyze and ensure the accuracy of monthly data to be
uploaded to client's environmental platform.
- Demonstrate proven leadership skills with ability to work
collaboratively with client EH&S. counterparts.
- Serve as the key point of escalation for accidents and incident
reporting and ensure appropriate corrective actions are implemented
to minimize future risk, completing all required client & company
incident reporting modules.
- Ensure all employees and third-party vendors are properly
trained and or following all required safety protocols in
accordance with ISO 14001.
- Serve as on-site point of contact for Client Property Risk
- Develop and enforce Environment, Health and Safety and
Emergency Preparedness Plan, OSHA regulations, effectively
including communication with clients Business Continuity
- Performs property assessment inspections to identify conditions
which could produce accidents and financial losses, reporting and
addressing findings in accordance with required EH&S
- Works with engineering and operations staff to establish and
monitor monthly, preventative maintenance programs in order to
reduce equipment downtime, maintain property integrity, maximize
efficiency, and minimize costs.
- Participate in and or manage project activity such as
construction, relocations and capital improvements.
- Participate in recommendations pertaining to energy efficient
programs and enhancements.
- Assist in maintaining current lease administration database of
- Out of state travel to assigned locations is required. Travel
is approximate 25%.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or a real estate
related field, Environmental Science, Safety & Health, EH&S
- CPM and/or RPA designation preferred, Certified Safety
- Strong supervisory skills with a minimum 7-10 years of
leadership/management facilities management experience in office
and data center
- Experience of an Integrated Management System (ex: ISO
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft office software
- Excellent human relations with highly effective written and
verbal communications skills that can used with people of various
backgrounds, experience, and education levels
- Highly developed interpersonal communications skills and
- Good negotiating skills, ability to perceive problems and react
quickly to effect solutions
- Strong planning, communication, and organizational skills with
ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- May perform other duties as assigned
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal working conditions with the absence of
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not
to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Cantor Fitzgerald, Alpharetta , Senior Facility Manager, Professions , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!