Data Analyst III (Alpharetta, GA or Boca Raton, FL)
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Data Analyst III, Alpharetta, GA or Boca Raton, FL * candidate
preference will go to those local to the Alpharetta, GA or Boca
Raton, FL officesAbout the business: LexisNexis Risk Solutions is
the essential partner in the assessment of risk. Within our
Business Services vertical, we help our customers solve difficult
problems in the areas of Anti-Money Laundering/Counter Terrorist
Financing, Identity Authentication & Verification, Fraud and Credit
Risk mitigation and Customer Data Management. We are a fast-growing
division of the RELX Group, and the convergence of many
industry-leading solutions are providing LexisNexis Risk with
significant opportunity for future growth. You can learn more about
LexisNexis Risk at the link below.
https://risk.lexisnexis.com/About our team: We work within the
technology team to take complex data from the data warehouse and
make visualization efforts in PowerBI for the business to use in
critical scenarios.About the job: As a Data Analyst III with a
focus on Power BI, you will be responsible for designing,
developing, and maintaining a wide range of interactive reports,
dashboards, and datasets that provide valuable insights to our
business stakeholders. Your proficiency in DAX and SQL will be
instrumental in ensuring the accuracy and depth of these reports,
empowering stakeholders to make informed decisions. You will also
be tasked with optimizing data retrieval processes through gateway
connections and continuously improving data visualization
practices.You will be responsible for:
- Providing business support through data analysis and
- Developing and maintaining interactive Power BI reports,
dashboards, and visualizations that cater to various business
- Utilizing DAX expressions to create complex calculations,
measures, and calculated columns for accurate data
- Writing and optimizing SQL queries to extract, transform, and
load data from various sources into Power BI datasets.
- Supporting business or other data engineering teams with data
subject matter expertise.
- Performing data analysis to identify trends, patterns, and
anomalies, translating them into actionable insights.
- Creating data documentation including mappings and quality
- Investigating, tracking, and reporting data issues.
- Conducting data review and verification and ensuring
corrections/clarifications are made in a timely manner.
- Providing technical problem solving to less technical teams
(customer service, product management, etc.).
- Undertaking and completing new data onboarding and/or
production data management functions as assigned/required.
- Collaborating with business stakeholders to gather feedback,
refine reports, and iterate on visualizations based on user
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends, advancements in Power
BI, and emerging data analytics technologies.
- All other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- 2+ years' experience in data management area with an analytical
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering/Computer Science preferred but
not required); or equivalent experience required.
- PowerBI report development and visualization required
- Proficiency with development languages such as SQL, DAX
required and Python, PySpark, etc. preferred
- Proficiency with various data types and formats including, but
not limited to: XML, JSON, flat files, delimited, YAML, Parquet,
- Proficiency with data analysis tools and processes
- Ability and desire to learn new processes, tools, and
- Strong research skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.Women in
tech:LexisNexis Risk Solutions is supportive of women in Technology
and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. We
have the following initiatives in place to support women in
- Mentoring scheme for women in technology,
- Women's network forum, regularly run events for schools about
careers in technology to inspire the next generation of girls in
technology.Learn more about the LexisNexis risk team and how we
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace
Keywords: myGwork, Alpharetta , Data Analyst III (Alpharetta, GA or Boca Raton, FL), Professions , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!