Director, North America Alternate Site Business Development and Distribution
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Requisition ID: 502
Job Title: Director NA ALt Site Business Development and
Job Country: North America
Here at Avanos Medical, we passionately believe in three
- Making a difference in our products, services and offers, never
ceasing to fight for ground-breaking solutions in everything we
- Making a difference in how we work and collaborate, constantly
nurturing our nimble, fast-moving innovation culture;
- Having an impact on the healthcare challenges we all face, and
the lives of people and communities around the world.
At Avanos you will find an environment that thrives to be
independent and different, one that supports and inspires you to
excel and to help change what medical devices can deliver, now and
Avanos is a medical device company focused on delivering clinically
superior breakthrough solutions that will help patients get back to
the things that matter. We are committed to creating the next
generation of innovative healthcare solutions which will address
our most important healthcare needs, such as reducing the use of
opioids while helping patients move from surgery to recovery.
Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, we develop, manufacture and
market recognized brands in more than 90 countries. Avanos Medical
is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol
AVNS. For more information, visit www.avanos.com.
Leadership responsibility for US alternate site sales and
distribution strategy across all Avanos businesses. Strategic
driver of sales with accountably for the development and execution
of the go to market plan to achieve market segment expansion and
above market growth in areas of care outside the hospital.
Responsibilities include contractional and operational oversight
and relationship management of alternate site channel partners,
acute care, non-acute care, and specialty distributor partners.
Design, build, develop, and lead a centralized, high performance
team responsible for expanding Avanos's footprint and share in
alternate site care settings.
Lead strategy and integrate the activities of Avanos Business Units
within alternate site market segment to fully leaverage Avanos
portfolio of products, services and integrated solutions.
Establish and maintain executive level relationships with alternate
site channel partners. Develop distinct business partner strategies
to support sales and market share growth. Oversee operational and
sales activities related to account management of channel partners
with the objective of improving customer satisfaction while driving
revenue and profit.
Collaboration with internal and external commercial operations for
the development and implementation of value enhancing strategies
and customer facing solutions in the alternate site care
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, initiate, and execute "go to market" strategic
business plan for alternate site.
- Partner with internal stakeholders in commercial operations for
flawless execution of alternate site go to market
- Develop deep relationships with senior healthcare executives of
channel partners in alternate site.
- Direct liaison between Avanos Business Units and strategic
executives of channel partners.
- Ensure comprehensive understanding of key organizational
business issues impacting or impacted by this customer
- Maintain expertise in healthcare trends, legislation and
subject matter that impact our customers.
- Proactively identify high risk, high profile accounts and
competitive landscape, develop an action plan.
- Prepare and lead quarterly business reviews addressing
performance, strategy, and key initiatives with channel
- Responsible and accountable for goal attainment within
alternate site and distribution customer segment i.e. (sales,
- Oversight of contractual negotiations and execution with
- Facilitate cross-functional teams ensuring collaboration
amongst multiple Avanos internal functional support departments
including marketing, legal, commercial operations, finance to
develop business strategies and assure ongoing
- Create and publish scorecard/dashboard to track progress
- Minimum of 50% travel is required
- Management experience leading high performing teams
- Deep understanding of alternate site channel
- Demonstrated knowledge/capabilities in the areas of business
analytics, market trending, commercial operations, marketing, and
- Ability to think strategically and lead in a complex matrix
- Consultative and results oriented approach.
- Excellent planning, organizing and leadership skills
- Effective project management skills
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong customer orientation
- Skilled negotiator
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate change.
- Broad based leadership and business management skills gained in
a variety of assignments, industries, and environments.
- Evidence of continued personal and professional growth and
- Experienced leader in defining and developing business or
- Innate ability to form customer relationships and
- Confirmed ability to operate in a matrixed environment and work
effectively with sales, sales management, marketing, and customers,
proven 360 degree influencing skills
- Ability to rapidly acclimate to change, embrace and identify
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally and foster a team
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Master's degree preferred, minimum bachelor's degree from four-year
College or University program with a focus in business, health
care, marketing, or finance; minimum ten (10+) years related
management experience or equivalent combination of education and
PRIMARY SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Team Leadership and Management
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Relationship Management Skills
- Strategic Vision and Planning Capabilities
- Problem Assessment and Resolution
- Conflict Management
- Decision Making/Decisiveness
- Strong Presentation and Communication Skills
- High Integrity
- Organizational Awareness
- Persuasiveness/Sales Ability/Results Focused
- Planning, Organizing and Project Management
- Building Effective Teams /Peer Relationships
- Industry/Market Knowledge
Avanos Medical is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
any other characteristic protected by law. If you are a current
employee of Avanos, please apply here .
Join us at Avanos
Join us and you can make a difference in our products, solutions
and our culture. Most of all, you can make a difference in the
lives, people, and communities around the world.
Make your career count
Our commitment to improving the health and wellbeing of others
begins with our employees - through a comprehensive and competitive
range of benefits. We provide more than just a salary - our Total
Rewards package encompasses everything you receive as an employee;
your pay, health care benefits, retirement plans and work/life
401(k) + 6% match - immediate vesting - benefits on day 1 -
uncapped sales commissions
Keywords: Avanos, Alpharetta , Director, North America Alternate Site Business Development and Distribution, Professions , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!