IT Business Analyst III - Oracle HCM Cloud
Company: Delta Dental of California
Posted on: September 13, 2019
AT DELTA DENTAL WE:
PROMOTE ACCOUNTABILITY, INTEGRITY AND COLLABORATION: Our employees
are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation
to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
FOSTER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Our employees take ownership of
developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and
providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying
VALUE CUSTOMERS AND CULTIVATE POSITIVE EXPERIENCES: Our employees
take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and
exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let s chat. We would love to
tell you more!
Follow us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook,
@lifeatDDins on Twitter
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits
provider. As an employee you ll take part in our mission to become
the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities
and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an
ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on
pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms
of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take
pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values
of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of
companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the
U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc.,
Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company,
together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation s
largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million
enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of
members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39
Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who
execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for
today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of
high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping
commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our
leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and
motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our
employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and
challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems.
Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering
development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other s
strengths and sharing in successes.
Oracle HCM Cloud business analyst capable of working in partnership
with the business users to formulate recommendations for business
process design, break-fix analysis, configuration updates, testing
and enhancements to an Oracle Cloud environment.
How you will make an impact:
* Responsible for being the technical team s subject matter expert
for HR business functions as supported by the Oracle Cloud
environment and other applications in the HRMS group portfolio.
These include Core HR, Benefits Administration, Compensation, and
* Fosters a strong relationship with business users in all HR
* Serves as a functional team lead for small projects, releases,
and other implementations specific to the HR area of work,
including coordination of tasks, testing, delivery of work from
other groups within the IT department and business areas.
* Leads conversations and facilitates discussion with technical
resources to translate functional business requirements into
technology solutions. Ensures successful delivery of requested work
* Works with business leaders, super users, and end-users
(customers) to develop and redesign the business capabilities
provided by Oracle Cloud and other applications in the HRMS group
portfolio, including data flow analysis, system configuration, data
setup, including recommendations to implement new features or
* Writes queries or custom reports as needed to analyze data
issues, provide ad-hoc reports, or solve system issues.
* Develops system, regression, performance, test plans, scripts,
and coordinates user acceptance testing. Provides guidance to
business partners on QA best practices.
* Understands key software product development concepts including
user group meeting facilitation, software development, project
management, quality assurance, and software version control.
* Communicates and maintains relationship with Level 1 and Level 2
support organizations to understand quality and support issues for
consideration in future software product releases.
What we look for:
* Understands annual HR business cycles and how to set up HCM
* Experience desired in Human Resource Function Core HR,
Compensation, Talent Management, Benefits
* Oracle HCM Cloud experience desired.
* Ability to document requirement and functional specification
documentation for system enhancements and regulatory changes.
* Query writing and execution, data validation and analysis.
* Experience writing use cases, test cases, and test scripts,
configurations, reports, and interfaces for all common SDLC test
phases, including FIT/SIT, UAT, regression, performance, and DR
test phases. Experience using Jira is a plus
* Experience leading functional reviews with business partners,
including facilitation, problem negotiation, and mediation.
* Understands waterfall software development lifecycle, familiarity
with an agile methodology is a plus.
* 8 years as Business/Applications or System Analyst in HRMS / HCM
Benefits and perks:
* 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday
* Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost
* 100% paid dental insurance
* 100% paid vision insurance
* Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
* Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve
* Career growth: we love promoting from within
* Strong commitment to work/life balance
* Technology allowance
* Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Keywords: Delta Dental of California, Alpharetta , IT Business Analyst III - Oracle HCM Cloud, Professions , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!