Provider Practice Coding Consultant
Company: CIOX Health
Posted on: October 13, 2019
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
HIM / Coding
Provider Practice Coding Consultant provides consulting and
education needs related to coding quality, compliance assessments,
external payer reviews, and coding education. Offers meaningful
information to meet customer expectations including identifying and
proposing solutions for customer issues, develops and maintains
account relationships through responsiveness and calm, reflective
work practices and works cooperatively with HIM Division leadership
and scheduling for optimal services outcome in hospitals and
alternative care settings.
* Reviews medical records and assigns appropriate CPT, ICD-10-CM,
ICD-10 procedures, ICD-10-CM and ICD-10 PCS, HCPCS, DSMV codes as
appropriate and required by client workflow.
* Conducts data quality reviews of records to assess compliance
with official coding and documentation guidelines.
* Communicates professionally with co-workers, management, and
hospital staff regarding clinical and reimbursement issues.
* Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communications
* Communicates documentation improvement opportunities and coding
issues to appropriate personnel for follow up and resolution.
* Typically works remotely, accessing work related tasks via VPN
* Reports to work as scheduled.
* Willing and able to travel when necessary, if applicable.
* Complies with all CIOX Health and HIM Division policies and
* Responsible for tracking continuing education credits to maintain
* Attends CIOX Health mandatory sponsored in-service and/or
education meetings as required.
* Adheres to the American Health Information Management Association
s code of ethics.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Associate or Bachelor degree from AHIMA certified HIM Program or
Nursing Program or completion of certificate program with CCS,
CCS-P, CPC, CPC-H, CIC or COC preferred.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
* A minimum of 1-5 years of coding experience in a hospital and/or
coding consulting role.
* Experience in computerized encoding and abstracting software.
* Required to take and pass annual Introductory HIPAA examination
and other assigned testing to be given annually
Ciox provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and
applicants for employment without regard to as race, color,
national origin, genetic information, religion or religious creed,
sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical
conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, physical or mental disability,
citizenship status, ancestry, military and veteran status, or any
other characteristic as protected by state or federal law. Equal
employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits,
leaves of absence, and training.
Keywords: CIOX Health, Alpharetta , Provider Practice Coding Consultant, Professions , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!