Associate Sales Executive, Personal Insurance
Company: The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Compensation OverviewThe annual base salary range provided for
this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad
range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual
salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors,
including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the
skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the
candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our
comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also
eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.Salary
Range$71,200.00 - $117,500.00Target Openings1What Is the
Opportunity?Under moderate supervision, the Associate Sales
Executive is responsible for managing and developing a small or
less complex sales territory. Achieving success will include:
developing plans to optimize the growth potential of assignments,
exceeding or meeting year over year growth and profit objectives,
utilizing Travelers sales tools within a consultative sales
framework, developing competitor intelligence, and supporting team
members in the region, home office, and business center on product,
pricing, and agency management decisions. This position does not
manage others.What Will You Do?Advising Agents:
- Responsible for management and profitable development of all
small book of agency assignment.
- Accountable to build/maintain effective relationships with
- Diagnoses agencies interests and ability to grow and motivates
agents to succeed.
- Implements strategic marketing plans for territory to identify
opportunities and potential challenges from which strategies and
tactics are developed.
- Develops and executes bottom up Strategic Agency Management
(SAM) Plans with consistent accuracy in meeting company
objectives.Influencing the Sale:
- Assists with the development and executes sales and marketing
initiatives to achieve growth and profitability objectives for
- Recommends a sales process that matches Travelers features,
benefits, and solutions to agency needs.
- Influences agents to quote and sell Travelers to customers
Insure that agency staffs are fully trained (products, automation
for quoting and HQ in total).Agency Diagnostics:
- Assists and develop selected agents for reassignment to Sales
- Establishes rapport and provide a superior sales experience
with prospective customers.
- Develops product, underwriting and sales knowledge to counsel
and sell available Personal Insurance products.
- Stays current on all Travelers systems and product/pricing
- Strong Customer Service Skills to include problem
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- 2 years experience in Sales preferred.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Basic Knowledge of Agency Diagnostics: Ability to accurately
assess agency operations and provide strategic sales and marketing
- Intermediate ability to Influence the Sale: ability to convince
current and prospective agents to represent and promote Travelers
products and services.
- Basic ability to advise Agents.
- Basic ability to deliver sales results.
- Intermediate Relationship Management skills.
- Intermediate Communication skills.
- Intermediate ability to adapt to Change
- .Intermediate ability to Demonstrate resilience
- .Demonstrates intermediate problem solving skills and ability
to exercise decisive Judgment
- Advanced technical savvy: Knowledge and or ability to learn new
systems, applications and programs quickly and then to be able to
explain to others.
- Intermediate skill of Driving for results: Self-assured,
responds confidently to objections, and does not give up
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office products with
ability to manipulate data in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint quickly
- Definition of Basic Skills/Competencies: Demonstrates basic
knowledge and ability; can apply the competency in common/familiar
situations that present limited difficulties.
- Definition of Intermediate Skills/Competencies: Demonstrates
solid knowledge and ability and can apply the competency in the
full range of typical situations with minimal or no guidance.
Requires guidance handling novel or more complex situations.
- Not Required.What is a Must Have?
- 1 year experience in sales or sales support required.
- Insurance knowledge required.
- Demonstrated skills in influencing others required.What Is in
It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members -
including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible
for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.To learn more about our
comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Inc., Alpharetta , Associate Sales Executive, Personal Insurance, Sales , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!