Company: Delta Dental of California
Posted on: February 13, 2019
If you think this sounds like you, let s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL
As the first company to specialize in dental insurance, we are passionate about oral health and its importance to future generations. Our core purpose is the advancement of oral health care to our customers, partners and consumers through dental insurance programs and philanthropic efforts.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Sales Assistant position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Sales team as well as our external customers including brokers, consultants, union trusts, health partnerships and clients.
How you will make an impact:
* Follow-up with Account Manager and Sales Account Executives on status of open issues such as unsigned contracts.
* Provide administrative support, including mail, filing, proofreading, meeting planning and set-up.
* Route proposals to account Executives; enters data into various databases and logs including ONYX
* Develop presentation proposals, benefit highlights, contact sheet creation, report generation and other administrative support as directed by sales management.
* Fulfill subscriber requests for brochures.
* Answer questions from brokers, groups and employees.
* Provide telephone backup support as needed to the sales team.
* Sale events pre-planning, set up and coordination
* Maintains the open enrollment meeting calendar, schedule meeting attendees, materials and other meeting specific requirements; follow up with account manager as needed.
What we're looking for:
* High school diploma or GED if preferred but candidates with proven experience will not be excluded from consideration.
* A minimum of 1 year of secretarial experience
* 2 years insurance or dental experience is preferred
* PC literacy required; MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and sales database).
* Regularly required to work standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy and fax machine etc).
* Detail oriented with problem-solving abilities
* Excellent phone skills and customer service skills
* Knowledge and application of English grammar including composition, editing and proofreading skills.
* Strong organization, time management and project management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
* Basic understanding of Delta Dental policies and procedures.
Benefits & perks:
* 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
* Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
* 100% paid dental insurance
* 100% paid vision insurance
* Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
* Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
* Career growth: we love promoting from within
* Strong commitment to work/life balance
* Technology allowance
* Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Keywords: Delta Dental of California, Alpharetta , Sales Assistant, Sales , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!